Friday, October 22, 2010

Last Lecture

Last Lecture
Author: Randy Pausch

Being that it seems everyone has read this book since Oprah mentioned it on her show, so a quick run down if you have been living in a cave for a year or two...Randy Pausch is dying and he gives a "Last Lecture" to the college that he was a professor at.  He reflects on the lessons he has learned in life and his advise on how to achieve your childhood dreams.

Good book, very insightful and full of good advise.  It is kind of sad throughout the book, not because of what Randy writes, but it's overshadowed by the fact that this person is only going to live 3-6 more months and you really want this guy to live and spread the good advise for years to come.  I highly recommend this book.  What I don't recommend is getting toward the end of the book and reading it on the elliptical machine.  It is extremely difficult to read, cry, sweat, and try not to fall off on the machine.  I call that "extreme multitasking!"

1 comment:

  1. Been wanting to read it, but haven't yet. I guess I find the topic a little depressing. But since you recommend it so highly, and so do some of our other friends, I think I might have to just read it! :-)

    ReplyDelete